Click on the above link to download this year’s National Children’s Football Week which is to be held between Friday 20th July -Sunday 29th July 2018
We are asking football clubs, both professional and grassroots, schools, the scout movement, youth clubs and children’s organizations to provide a FREE football event for children regardless of age, sex and ability.
The NCFW is about free play and football. It is about the sheer physical and mental joy of movement and play.
For many families in the UK, organised football has become too expensive and thousands of children now miss out on playing the game they love. This is a situation the NCFA feels is wrong as football is a global game because of its simplicity – a ball, players and something for goal posts. It should be the right of all children to have access to free play.
A few tips –
- This is all about the children taking part and having fun
- NO SUBSTITUTES – everyone plays
- Small sided games work best as this enables the children to have many touches of the ball 3v3 4v5 etc.
- To make it authentic as possible use coats, jumpers etc. as goal posts
- Let the children referee themselves and have ownership of THEIR game
Please tell as many people as possible and let us know what you are planning and how it went at: email@example.com
This is an opportunity for our children to reclaim their game from the rigors of aggressive marketing and the brandification of childhood.
To support The NCFA’s work please click on the Donate button below.