Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org : T +00 44 (0)1732 758419 M +00 44 (0)7813 082584
Job title: Volunteer Fundraiser
The CFA run projects which have brought great benefit to thousands of children and to extend this provision, we would like to work with a fundraiser to help us reach the right funders and raise the vital money we need. By joining the CFA, you’ll be making a massive difference to extending the work that has been established and ultimately, to the lives of mixed gender, mixed ability and special needs children. It is important to understand the CFA’s mission; to protect childhood through play.
This role is home-based, with regular meetings with the CFA Director and online quarterly meetings with the CFA’s board of trustees
This is an ongoing role which can be tailored to fit in with your time and availability.
We can set work in accordance with the time you have available. It would be helpful for us to understand what you may be able to offer.
· Bid writing and completing funding applications is the main aim of the role. There are opportunities here to apply for trusts, to a list which has previously been researched and can be updated, including local trusts and the Lottery e.g., Awards for All
· Provide an input into the planning, organising and promoting of The CFA’s fundraising events
· Attending fundraising events if available
· Acting as an ambassador for The CFA at fundraising events.
· Complying with CFA-relevant organisational policies, procedures and legal requirements such as health and safety legislation for fundraising events and safeguarding.
· Liaising with the CEO to keep you up-to-date with The CFA’s activities.
· An interest in helping people children and families in financial difficulty and in helping to protect childhood through play.
Able to take on written fundraising applications, towards developing CFA children-focused projects
· Good verbal communication skills.
- Experience of contact with a wide range of people from a variety of backgrounds.
· Honesty and reliability.
· The ability to be a team player.
· A willingness to make decisions by consensus in a group setting.
· A willingness to adhere to all relevant organisational policies and procedures.
Training and Support
· All volunteers receive a comprehensive induction to The CFA and relevant training for their role.
What’s in it for you?
· Amongst other skills, the role will help further develop your fundraising and marketing skills and experience, and will look great on your CV!
· This role is ideal for someone who wants to help children in poor communities.
· You’ll gain a real personal benefit from knowing you are making a real positive change to the lives of children who are struggling in education.
· You’ll be part of a charity which has achieved helping children in 5 continents
· You can broaden your social circle by meeting CFA volunteers and through project events.
· After a qualifying period of satisfactory volunteering, you’ll be able to ask for a reference in line with our Volunteer Policy.
· This role meets the criteria for a DBS check, we will need two referees we can contact to for their opinions on your suitability for this role.
· We ask that you complete the diversity monitoring form to ensure we are involving as wide a range of people as possible.
· We adhere to current GDPR legislation and will provide you with guidance during training about storing confidential information. Your details will be stored safely and never passed on to other agencies without your prior consent.