BRIDGE INTEGRATED PRIMARY SCHOOL
Bridge IPS is an integrated, co-educational, all-ability inclusive Primary School with a Christian ethos. Through a child-centred approach we seek to nurture an atmosphere of acceptance and respect, so that a strong sense of self-esteem is developed in every child. As an integrated school we aim to develop in our children, awareness of and respect for the diversity of our school community and the wider local and global community. The school encourages independence in each pupil and supports a culture of high achievement in all areas of school life. We endeavour to empower children with the skills to be resilient, reflective, resourceful, responsible life-long learners.
“We are looking forward to discovering the importance of play in our communities, school and homes” Mr O’Neill.
FMOSH PE project plan – team names 5/6 mixed ability teams per class
Outline – Bridge IPS will conduct a fun day of games / sporting activities for the children of all classes to enjoy. There will be light competition in a team format, but the aim of the day will be to have fun and be active.
P7’s to go first in the morning and will then lead activities for the rest of the day.
Need a map of school grounds
Who – All 14 classes (staggered start)
What – PE fun sports day
Where – School field and playgrounds
When – Summer term (date to be decided)
Why – Peace football project
How – P7 children to tally points for each team from each station. Added up and totalled at end. Winning team will receive an extra non-uniform day and the trophy.
Teams to wear their own colours on day of sport to add the team nature.
Purple = wildcats
Yellow = lions
Red = bulldogs
Blue = sharks
Black = panthers
Green = eagles
Event ideas 11 stations
- No points – 3-5 min dance station whole class as a warm up
- Obstacle course relay – start on knees, pick ball between legs hop 5m, hula hoop over, jump hurdles, crawl under semi circle, hula hoop run to cone and run whole way back and touch hands (1st team – 5 points, 5th team – 1 point)
- Bean bag points throw (diff hoop values, 1pt, 2pt, 3pt)
- Penalty kicks – 2 nets (each player on a team gets 2 shots, 1pt per goal) 1 player from a non kicking team does goals, eg. yellow team shooting so a red goes in goal
- No points – Popcorn throw and catch fun game (1 clap between catch, 2 clap etc)
- Egg and spoon relay (1st team – 5 points, 5th team – 1 point)
- Basketball scoring 2 mins total team points
- No points – Duck duck goose fun circle game
- Football tennis – kick and catch over a net / coned area (throw and catch in p1-3)
- Hopper relay
- No points – 3-5 min meditation at end
- Bomb circle game